Labels

Thursday, January 21, 2016

Another band complete

This was a time consuming, intense band, mostly needle weaving, picots and Hollie point stitches.  It required some thought to make sure it was reversible.  I chose to change the orientation of the Hollie point stitched diamonds and stitched individual 'petals' so that visually they look a bit Iike petals of a flower and added a bullion knot cross stitch center.  The instructions say to stitch Hollie point stitches horizontally across the diamond and add picots to the top half.  I chose to eliminate the picots on the flower diamonds ... It was becoming a bit too frilly for my taste and did not look balanced.  I also chose to vary the number of picots in various design elements to add some interest through  repetition.
So here is the progress to date...


Frances Cheyney - Nupur 2016

Close up, Frances Cheyney - Nupur 2016

Another Close up - Nupur 2016
Would love to see your comments appear below instead of in the various groups on Facebook- will prove that some people do follow this blog once in a while! 

12 comments:

Marsha Cochrane said...

Nupur yourself stitching is stunning! I attempted Frances at a difficult time in my life and didn't get too far with her. I've seen the original needlework at the Burrell in Scotland and it is breathtaking. Thank you for sharing your needlework journey with us.

Cactusneedle said...

Beautiful! I really like what you have done. Any idea how many hours you have invested in that section? I know work like that is very labor intensive. I do follow your blog, just don't comment much.

kiwimeskreations said...

Nupur this is awesome. Love the very even stitching, and you adaptations of the pattern are beautiful - you really are making this 'your' piece. I think I too would eliminate some of the picots, as I too don't like 'too filly'.
Blessings
Maxine

Christine said...

That is absolutely stunning

Anita said...

Hi! I recently purchased this chart and gave it to myself for Christmas. I was disappointed that the chart didn't come with better photos. Margreit suggested I look at your blog for more photos of this sampler. Wow! You are really making good progress! Thank you for sharing your work! Your stitching is lovely!

D1-D2 said...

This looks wonderful. I'd love to see a comparison of the original and yours to see where the changes were made.

Anonymous said...

Napur your stitching is wonderful. Truly, it is amazing. Absolutely beautiful. Your close-up photographs are Wow! I bought this chart too. I haven't started yet (still working on two samplers) I am grateful to you for posting your progress and thoughts about the bands as you work through each one. Your photographs are very clear and give me a good sense of how my stitching 'should' look when I stitch each band!!! Please don't stop blogging. I follow your blog and look forward to your posts. Your blog is the best!
All Good Wishes to you from Dianne in South Australia.

~mj~ said...

This is so beautiful!! Your tension looks perfect...wow!

Unknown said...

Napur,
Your stitching is amazing! I can hardly wait to see the finished product.
Christine

Cis said...

This is really fabulous. It was a lot of work but the result is stunning.

Anonymous said...

Nupur,
Your made an awesome work. I like your adaptation of the original design. Please continue sharing your work!

Lisa said...

This is absolutely beautiful. I think it's a must have for my stash. I've been looking for a sampler with a lot of needleweaving within, and I think this is it! Are you using 40ct fabric? That's my only concern, not sure if I can handle smaller than 32 or 36ct. I did a Sharon Cohen piece with similar needleweaving that I loved doing. It's almost like crocheting atop the fabric with needle & thread. So much fun, and not as difficult as it appears.