Labels

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

I'm still around!

Life has been busier than planned with activities that are quite different to the ones we originally thought we would be busying ourselves with.  Since May it seems we have traveled all over the East Coast!
Just wanted to let you all know that I am still here and that I am still stitching - various things are being lugged around on the plane to give me something to keep busy with - in May it was Bead embroidery, June and July it has been mainly Hardanger (a tablecloth)... I used to think that only filament silk reflects your inner thoughts and calmness in the shine and evenness of each stitch... not so,  even Hardanger reflects the inner calmness or turmoil... lots to worry about lately - been in a strange bubble of  ICU/hospitals/nursing homes with perhaps tough decisions ahead.  The summer is  marching on relentlessly and I still have to plant the petunias and tomatoes plants I bought at the end of May!
This entry is most appropriately described by a word in German "Lebenszeichen"... it means a sign of life... I am still here and still stitching....my thanks to all of you who emailed inquiring how I was doing.... oh yes, all those Indian acupressure techniques and stretching exercises are finally showing good results - I am able to move my arm and shoulder up quite a bit more for the past few months!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely to hear from you and read your news update. Take care of yourself. When the time is right, for you, I look forward to seeing some of your latest stitching projects. Best wishes, Dianne

suzanne.mm said...

Welcome back, you have been missed.

kiwimeskreations said...

Sounds as though you have been in a stress-filled summer - hoping it calms for you soon. Stitching is always therapeutic in those situations!
Blessings
Maxine