Labels

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Ann Scutt - Day 9

SNOW DAYS!.... I love them... they are Life's unexpected days off and we make it a point to take time to enjoy them and do things at home that we 'want to' ... they bring back the same feeling I felt as a child looking forward to summer vacations.
 
So, yesterday we had just such a day... lots of snow fell during the day from day break into the night -  large steady flakes, wet snow... spent time in the morning taking care of things that had to be taken care of ... made Irish Guinness stew and then we settled down to watching movies on Netflix and I decided to continue with Ann Scutt... even though my original plan was to go to Margret Gatis....

here is a picture of a branch outside during a lull in the storm:


SNOW DAY
The Song of my Needle
... how could one embroider SNOW... lots of techniques possible... look at the shades of white and grey - shadows and contrasts....  


 By early evening I decided to place all the remaining bands - all that is left is the alphabet bands below the bands... so here is the progress as of last night:
Ann Scutt - Day 9
The Song of my Needle

Ann Scutt - Day 9
The Song of my Needle
This morning when driving in to work we were greeted by a beautiful, snowy, sparkly day... everything was blanketed in wet blobs of snow that made the  tree branches bend under the weight...
Coming home for lunch right now was not so pretty... everything is melting, slushy... the entire town seems to be whizzing about getting supplies to prepare for tonight's storm... we are supposed to get more snow through the night.  My only concern now is power outages caused by wet snow and ice - that can be uncomfortable...but more snow days are welcome to me as long as we are not caught up in them and can relax at home and watch Nature's beauty from within and rejoice in doing something totally 'unplanned' ....a true luxury in all of our 'scheduled' normal days.  Who knows - maybe I will finish Ann Scutt thanks to the three snow storms this week!

No comments: