Labels

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Ann Scutt - Day 7 & 8

I have gone back to working on Ann Scutt again... stitched a little yesterday evening and then a bit more this afternoon.  This is a really easy sampler to work - the counting is predictable, the stitch placement quite logical and so progress is pretty rapid.  The dividing lines were charted for Montenegrin stitch while all the stitching within each band was charted for cross stitch, backstitch and double running stitch... well, I added some Montenegrin stitch within some of the bands for texture and to make the stitching more interesting... also changed a few other areas (veins in the leaf area - variation of original design) ...plus kept it all double running stitch/Holbein stitch to keep it 'fun'.
I decided to establish a number of the bands yesterday evening and then finished them all today.
So here is the progress as of now :
Ann Scutt - Day 7
The Song of my Needle

Ann Scutt - Day 7
The Song of my Needle


Ann Scutt - Day 8
The Song of my Needle


Ann Scutt - Day 8
The Song of my Needle


Ann Scutt - Day 8
The Song of my Needle

2 comments:

Faye said...

Stunning samplers!!!!

deb said...

(I realize I'm commenting on a long-ago post ...)

Your stitching of Ann Scutt is gorgeous! I've become very interested in this sampler, mainly because of watching it "grow" on your blog.

Could you please tell me whether adding the darker gold is the only color change you made? Your pictures are so much more vibrant than any others I've found, and very much the way I would like mine to look!

Thanks!