Labels

Monday, October 14, 2013

Elizabeth Harborne - Day 28

Continuing on with finishing the bands I had not fully completed yet...
Thanks to all of you who scrutinized my stitching and assessed the bullions... as  I was stitching them in hand they seemed a bit looser and more raised to me.  After seeing your comments and polling family I decided to hold off with a decision on this and just move to another area... I am so glad I did because after looking at them today I have decided that I will not take them all out and stitch them again in hand  etc. - I will just get all the other areas finished and then do the bullions last.

Now on to other areas that had given me reasons to pause - there were no notes on stitch direction so I wanted to revisit this issue after getting a feel for the whole sampler.  Notice how the stitch direction affects the reflections of the silk (this will also happen with cotton floss)... added different diagonals in the petals to lend the rather free form flower some whimsy in this band and I am not so sure about the smaller flower (charted in Double running all in white which barely shows up) - blue and white version on the right and just white with chain outline on left:


Elizabeth Harborne - Day 28
The Song of my Needle




Elizabeth Harborne - Day 28
The Song of my Needle

More on the topic of stitch direction in this band also... will continue with this later... too tired tonight to add all the pictures and details


Elizabeth Harborne - Day 28
The Song of my Needle





No comments: