Labels

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Elizabeth Harborne - Day 25 & 26


It has been a while since I have worked on the sampler... life has been busy though.
I decided to take a bit of time and work on it,  so here is the progress after a few hours each day for the past two days.  Now I will go back to fill in all the bullions in the bands and finish things as needed.

So, here is where I had left off in September :
Elizabeth Harborne - Day 24
The Song of my Needle

Here I am at the end of Day 25 - Critters appeared!
It was most amusing to see how even though the motives look the same there are slight differences which lend charm to the 'characters'.  I chose to add some fun by using chain stitch for the hair on the figure to the right... it adds a bit of texture to the poorly clad lad!

Elizabeth Harborne - Day 25
The Song of my Needle
Elizabeth Harborne - Day 25
The Song of my Needle

Then I had to make a decision about stitching the verse upside down as charted or taking liberties and stitching it differently.  So, after thinking about it and noting that I had already changed a few things on a whim to add interest while I was stitching other bands, I decided to stitch them this way:
Elizabeth Harborne - Day 26
The Song of my Needle

 In the strictest sense, this will not be a true reproduction of the sampler as charted... I have others that are .... but this will eliminate the need for 'discussions' about why this band is upside down and why the figures are not aligned the same way if this was stitched from both ends etc. etc.  I wonder why Elizabeth chose to turn the verse and her name around but nothing else... wonder also how old she was when she stitched this.  


No comments: