Labels

Friday, June 28, 2013

Elizabeth Harborne - Day 20

I worked on the sampler for about two hours on Sunday and so here are some pictures to show my progress after Sunday night's stitching.  I changed things a bit from just double running stitch to fill in the petal areas of the large flowers as per the chart to more pulled thread variations - seemed like a good idea at that moment.  It looks fine and the few closeups within the chart show a difference between the chart and the pictures so I figured doing something a bit different will be okay - I just needed to have some varety last night I think.  Again, the satin stich direction is my interpretation - there is no way of knowing what direction these stiches had on the original sampler - perhaps one was horizontal and the other vertical to show off the differences in texture and light effects when using silk(?)

Started back to work and am picking up on other needlework projects too so the progress on this sampler will be a bit slower now.  Ironically, I got another cold/cough virus from someone within five days of 'feeling well '!  This time it is not as severe as the last set of bugs so I hope to get this out of my system and then get a chance to regain my immunity and get over the weakness...
Elizabeth Harborne - June 23,2013
The Song of my Needle

Elizabeth Harborne - June 23,2013
The Song of my Needle
Elizabeth Harborne - June 23,2013
The Song of my Needle

Elizabeth Harborne - June 23,2013
The Song of my Needle

Elizabeth Harborne - June 23,2013
The Song of my Needle

- sorry about the delay in my posting this ... I was having trouble posting this on Monday and then got busy with other things ... finally took the time to upload the pictures this evening ... hope you like the changes and the incorporation of some pulled thread work .

Will be working on a silk embroidery piece this weekend so am not sure how much progress I'll make on this sampler  ... will try to spend at least two hours on it though..
Have a good weekend!

No comments: