Labels

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Elizabeth Harborne - Day 13

Had a productive two hours of stitching yesterday - not uninterrupted but focused so things are looking better and better on the health front... plan to work on more intricate things over the weekend as a final test.

Anyway, I decided to continue working on the narrower band  (on top in the picture below).
Elizabeth Harbone - End of Day 12
The Song of my Needle



Too bad I did not have a larger picture of the original sampler so I could study stitch direction.  Texture and playing with the way light reflects off silk or even cotton thread depending on the stitch and stich direction adds an amazing dimension to these samplers. So, I decided to 'play with' and 'interpret' the placement and stitch directions for the satin and bullion stitches and this is the result.  Also, I decided to do a 'comparitive study' of all  the various ways of making bullions - on the frame, positioning of needle and also did the same stitch 'in hand'.

Here are some pictures of my progress as of last evening -  taken at different angles. Can you see the dimensional differences between the bullions worked on the frame and in hand?  The ones on the right in the flower shape were worked in hand and appear to be plumper even though they have the same number of wraps etc.

Elizabeth Harborne - Day 13
The Song of my Needle  

Elizabeth Harborne - Day 13
The Song of my Needle  

Elizabeth Harborne - Day 13
The Song of my Needle  

Elizabeth Harborne - Day 13
The Song of my Needle  
Elizabeth Harborne - Day 13
The Song of my Needle  
 



 I hope you can see the dimensional differences in the pictures ...

I decided to switch  and use the 'old' 3megapixel camera in the last few posts because they upload to the blog faster ... the 16MP resolution was taking too much time to even post something.  I'm still experimenting on the technology front so do let me know... have the photo editing software etc. but have not taken the time to 'figure' all that out yet....lots to do on many other fronts first as I resume my 'normal schedule'.

Enjoy the weekend!
My plans include the French Open Tennis finals, this sampler, and finally testing my faculties on a Japanese embroidery project.

No comments: